PLC S5 hardware config, replacing card...

userxyz

Hi,

This afternoon I have to replace an inputcard in an S5 rack. Slot 0 now has an input card, I need te replace it by an 16 in/out card. But what about the adresses, what adresses will I have, can I find this in some manual ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Combo

Perhaps you should Post the Model Number of the old Input Card, and the new Combo Card. I don't have S5 on the PC, but I would assume the Inputs would be the same Addresses. However, you know what they say about assumptions.

Stu.....

If I remember correctly, the 95U has 'place-oriented addressing'.
I think it was a multiple of 4 bytes.

The first card is I/QB 0, second card I/QB 4 a.s.o.
Your new card will have the same byte number on the IB and QB as the old input card.

B.t.w. How are the existing adressing arranged?

With a grain of salt

Kalle

In/out

Cards:

6ES5-95-8MA11 (S595U CPU)

Replacing
INPUTCARD:
6ES5-421-8MA12

by:
IN/OUT CARD:
6ES5 482-8MA13

A guy from Siemens told me that the adress range of IN/OUT cards is different ?

Regards,
C

If I remember correctly, the 95U has 'place-oriented addressing'.
I think it was a multiple of 4 bytes.

The first card is I/QB 0, second card I/QB 4 a.s.o.
Your new card will have the same byte number on the IB and QB as the old input card.

B.t.w. How are the existing adressing arranged?

With a grain of salt

Kalle

Slot assigned adressing.
Slot 0 : Inputs 64-65, Outputs 64-65
Slot 1 : Inputs 72-73, Outputs 72-73
Slot 2 : Inputs 80-81, Outputs 80-81

Onboard IO is 32-33

Last edited:
It is not.
I checked.
Else I'm missing something.
Had to check our old systems to find out the adressing.