Uploading Hardware Configuration From PLC

thewalkerist

Hello,

Here i have a Tia Portal V11 Project that i wanted to fix but i cant take the device configurations from the device. So i just have to mess around and see what is right and wrong by trial and error. I fixed the inputs and outputs but now i believe there is a problem with data blocks or smthng. I cant just transport the entire hardware config. Now i see something like this screenshot i posted.

See that red functions? They all have one thing in common. That DB2..... stuff. Now i believe there is a problem with optimized block access or smthng like that.

But i have no idea how to fix this.

Any ideas?

Screenshot (1074).png

It cannot be optimized block access. In that case you would not see the absolute address DB2.DBW0

Odd, i would guess that TIA would catch a faulty program when compiling, and also refuse to transfer a program with errors.

Your TIA is VERY old. I would seriously consider upgrading to a newer version. There are a lot of bug fixes, and also better functionality overall. IMO V11 was barely functional.
It is possible that what you see is fixed in a later version.

I think the explanation is that DB2 is non-optimized, and DB2.DBW0 does not contain a word-sized variable.
That is why there is a warning, but not an error.
This can work if the original programmer intended it to work in this way.

Your TIA is VERY old. I would seriously consider upgrading to a newer version.

Yeah, normally i am using v16 but this is a old project and until i get everything right and same as the device i cant upgrade it