Need help with Micrologix 1400 - RTC

FNC

I am using Micrologix 1400 with RSLogix 500 for the first time and having some trouble using the Real Time Clock - RTC.

Reading the values is no problem but how do I write to them?

I tried a mov command to move an integer to RTC:0.YR and I get an Invalid Data Type in the destination. A copy also did not work.

Using a mov command to read it to an INT was no problem.

What am I doing wrong?

The MicroLogix-specific Copy Word (CPW) instruction is necessary for writing to elements of a Function File, including the RTC.

Don't write to the Day of Week (.DOW); that will fault the controller.

Similar Topics

Hi there, new to the site. I have a big problem. My company had a panel built years ago for a machine that we had already been running. They never...
Replies
Views
Hello every one, just another lovely Friday brewing at the mill! I got in this morning and had a call right away to look at our flocculent tank in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm an intern at this power plant and I'm new to PLC programming. I'm hoping to get some help from the professionals in this forum. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first project using a panelview + with anything other than controllogix. I setup my runtime and design connections, and it adds...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm a new user and i need help with a project... I got a micrologix 1500 plc. I made an easy program which includes a timer, and i got a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom