RS View Machine Edition-RS Linx Communication

Rob S.

Good Morning Folks ,

It has been about 6 years since I did a RS View project. In RS View Machine Edition , you have RS Linx Communication on the right hand side. In my project, I want to bring in data and communicate with 3 ControlLogix processors. My question is , how do you select the 3 processors within one shortcut in
the communication setup ?

Thanks, and have a great weekend.

I don't think you can point one shortcut to three different controllers. I think you will need three shortcuts.

So I can maybe name the 3 shortcuts by the processor name , select the processor in each shortcut in local and copy to the target side , and the whole application will point to the processors responsible for sharing data, correct ?

Thanks,

What do you mean by sharing data? Once you have the shortcuts setup, you can connect to that processors' tags.

If you are trying to pass information from one processor to another you should use produced/consumed tags. If you are just trying to display and control three different PLC's, three shortcuts are they way you do this. When you search for tags you will need to map to the correct shortcut.