Intouch Machine Edition 8.1SP5 CEView Freezes

id10t_error

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone experienced Intouch Machine Edition 8.1SP5 (basically Indusoft Web Studio) freeze all values on all screens when running CEview on a factory-built ITME Windows 10 HMI.?

We are experiencing this problem on a factory-built windows 10 HMI from Wonderware. Wonderware Techsupport can not find any issues with our running project that will cause it to freeze. Super Frustrating, the log files do not report any problems with the HMI.

We noticed after a few days, the ITME's CEView stops updating values on all graphical elements, but trends and the remote database spy show the correct, current values from our PLC. (so weird). Then after a reboot, the HMI will run normally for a few days or hours.

We also experienced significant problems with the ITME (Intouch Machine Edition) Allen Bradley Driver. We found ITME can not read or write to tags located in the Sub Driver Sheets of Allen Bradley Main Driver Sheet. We ended up having Wonderware Techsupport remote in, and he placed all tags into the main driver sheet. Of course, this reduced the tag refresh rate to unacceptable rates. We ended up increasing the Main Drivers PLC connection count to compensate.

This HMI is terrible, and has anyone experienced the same problems?

EDIT: When the values freeze on the screen, Control Setpoints still work and get sent to the PLC, and all navigation functions as well. So if I place a motor in hand or auto and it was previously in the off position before the freeze, the motor will start from the HMI but show that it is still off on the HMI. Techsupport really did not believe me until I showed them what was going on.

Last edited:
InTouch Edge HMI is garbage, I am forced you use it currently because of poor decisions by my predecessor. I haven't had random Freezes in SP5 but I have found all kinds of bugs int previous versions. :sick: some were fixed in SP5 most weren't. (yes I report them) From what I can tell of the code base from just using it, it's written like a high school VB project from the 90's. I can go on if you want :D

Yes it's fascinating how may time I hear "huh I've never heard of such a problem before" from Tech Support. Riiiiiiight. Usually their fixes boil down to, "Just don't do that then."

Use Ignition's HMI edition if you can.

Last edited: