Start Alarm printing in INTOUCH 10.1 on WIN7 Machine?

IN2-H2O

I am loading Intouch 10.1 on a test machine with Windows 7 and I have everything working except for Alarm Printer. The standard .bat file we use on the XP machines with Intouch 9.5 is not recognizing the "-q" command to run the query so it opens the software and loads the config file and that's it. I need it to automatically start the query as well.

The standard script is;

ALMPRT.EXE -q MYQUERY.ALC

Has anyone found a work around to this yet?

I realize that I can use other services to do the same thing but I have 15 different applications spread out over 26 machines and there is a significant implementation savings to not having to configure a service on each individual machine.

Thank's Guys, I figured out a way around it for now but I would still like to figure out why the .Bat file isn't working. Perhaps one of the SP's will address the issue...

I ended up adding the -q MYQUERY.ALC instruction to the Target location on the program shortcut properties and then added it to my startup folder and it works perfect. It will actually work just as well if not better than the bat file so it was worth the time spent I guess. Now instead of pasting the Bat file in my startup, I paste the modified shortcut.

I copied and pasted the exact script from my bat file and it is working without any changes.

Last edited:
Glad you got it working, but did you try putting "start" before the executable in the batch file?
Code:
[B][FONT=Courier-Bold][SIZE=1][FONT=Courier-Bold][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]START ALMPRT.EXE -q MYQUERY.ALC[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
I don't have a Win7 box in front of me but I've fixed a couple batch file issues that way.

Yes I have "Start" in my script. The complete script I am using is;

Start /min "C:/Program Files (x86)/Wonderware/Intouch/Almprt.exe" -q c:/HLOG/AlarmPrinterConfiguration.alc

The script works in the Target line of the shortcut so I don't understand why it won't in the command window.