SLC 500 Ethernet Networks

HoustonNovice

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

We are having problems communicating on an Ethernet network that we have set up. There are 3 stations. Each has a modem that is sending data from a SLC 500 and a panelview 700. There is one central station that the other 2 are communicating with.

Our idea is to create a second network to reduce the traffic on the first network. However, we cannot find an Ethernet card for the central SLC 500 processor to do this. Any ideas?

Welcome to the Forum !

At first look this doesn't sound like a network traffic issue, but I don't know what sort of modems you are using. Dial-up ? Fiber Short-haul ? Radio ? WiFi ?

Describe more about the systems and the problems you are encountering.

What model of SLC-5/0x controllers are you using ?

How is the PanelView connected to the SLC-5/0x controller ?

What other devices might be networked at each location ?

What kind of modems are you using ? What protocol or interface do they use ?

Describe the communication problems. Is data not updating as quickly as you'd like ? Is online editing and monitoring slow ? Do MSG instructions fail with errors ?

Even very slow networks can get peppy performance if you tune them right.