Rockwell SLC 500 5/05 Ethernet-Ethernet connection

Denker

Hi.

I need to make a Ethernet-Ethernet connection between two Rockwell SLC500 5/05 for data transfer.
Can anyone send me manuals, links and examples of how to do this ?

Best regards.

Hi Mickey.

First thanks for the feedback and the manuals.

I found in Chapter 15 (page 22) an example (Passthru Example: Ethernet to DF1), but it works as a bridge between three SLC5. What I'd like is to make communication between only two SLC5/05 via ethernet. Is there a more specific example for this case (picture attached)?

The manual says to read a step by step example on "Knowledgebase Document Number: G20028 ", but I do not have access there.

Thanks again for the help.

Best regards.

SCL505.jpg

Thank you so much Mickey !

🍻

Your welcome, let us know how it works out.

FYI: Your data table addresses , IP addresses and how often you trigger the message instruction will most likely be different.

Last edited:
Read chapter 12 of the instruction set manual.

Mickey,

Please, I've some questions:

1) This programming is done only on one of the SLC 5/05 correct? Or in other PLC (partner) need some extra programming?

2) In your example, only 1 word is being read from N7:0 of 198.168.3.1 controller to N7:0 of Local controller. Am I right ?

3) The element inserted (N7:0) in the "Data Table Address" of "This Controller" and "Target Device" do not need be the same, right? Can I use in "This Controller" N7:0 and in "Target Device" N8:15, for example?

Thanks.

1) This programming is done only on one of the SLC 5/05 correct? Or in other PLC (partner) need some extra programming?

Correct, it can be a read or write.

2) In your example, only 1 word is being read from N7:0 of 198.168.3.1 controller to N7:0 of Local controller. Am I right ?

Yes, but it can be several words. See page 12-13 of the instruction manual.

3) The element inserted (N7:0) in the "Data Table Address" of "This Controller" and "Target Device" do not need be the same, right? Can I use in "This Controller" N7:0 and in "Target Device" N8:15, for example?

Correct