almost no idea

blueyedpeter

Lifetime Supporting Member
reading about another user posting about panelbuilder32 and a AB 300micro having problems with setting up comms am using Xp pro with sp3 useing the uic driver rs linx is still running as an application cant remember though seeing any auto config input just that the driver was running , now after opening up the coms with rs who the workstation comes up , doubble clicking the workstation fails to show any icon of the 300micro its part number is 2711-m3a19l1 should be a Dh-485 unit am useing a 1747-uic adaptor its an after market unit .After going into the micro300 unit the comms indicates that it is polling but how can i be sure it can communicate ? , the cable i have used before there is some talk about a work around for xp sp3 about copying serenum.sysfile\windows\system32\dllcache and useing this some where in sp2 ? i would need this explained in a little more detail before i would try this and this related to a pic driver instead . Now getting back to the 1747-uic adaptor are they reliable as a method of communication or have i not set this unit properly , rs linx is currently running as an application if that helps thanks again in advance:p and panelbuilder32 say that there is a time out driver diagnostics displays no replys from the panelview configure the adaptor as say com2 panelbuilder has at times shown uic com setting and has at times blocked the use of com port 2 saying it is in use already.thanks again any help would be useful

Whoah, hey, slow down there a little. Welcome to the Forum; we talk about these things every day.

Please take this as constructive criticism, because I'm going to get a little off topic on how to post questions effectively.

First, you've posted in the "practice posting" area, not the main Forum. It's a common mistake, but because your post was the most recent it shows up in the summary PLCTalk view.

Second, please do what you can to separate out your description from your questions. Use complete sentences, punctuation, and paragraph separation. Many of our Forum members are not native English speakers and cannot interpret run-on sentences well.

Third, it is best to use the Title of your post to provide a summary of the topic. Posts called "Please help" or "need help" or "nd hlp pls kthxbye" are not as likely to be read as ones that say "1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in SP3 with PanelView Micro 300".

You should be applauded for adhering to the Prime Directive of PanelView questions: you posted the complete part number.

Also, thanks for joining the Forum and giving your financial support. It's by no means required, but it's a really cheap way to help support this resource.

Next up: A re-posting of the question in the main Forum.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum!

I will second all Ken's points, and add that white space is a good thing. Separate out your subjects a bit. Your post looks like one long rung on sentence.

To make sense of it, I would have to copy and paste it to a Word Processor, and try and move things around until I could figure every thing out. Is that rally fair to the people who are trying to help you?

Have a look at how Ken reposted your post.

We welcome your question, and hope to help you. Please come back to the Main Forum, and repost your question.

Stu.....

Last edited: