MicroLogix 1400 Analog Out

PackagingRich

I have a project that i need some help with that i have not done before.
I have a MicroLogix 1400 (1766l32BWA)
PanelView Component (2711C-T6)
Power Fex 4M.
I am trying to control motor speed from HMI thru ML1400 anlog output O:0.4 to the PF4M to increase or decrease speed.
Do I have to supply the 0-10V to the analog in from the PF4M?
I have not been able to find anything to help me to program this, please help.
I have up & down buttons for speed in the PanelView.
I am taking that info and putting that into SCP in the MicroLogix with analog out O:0.4.
Did i miss something along the way?

That looks like a base output which I believe is a digital output not analog. You will need to get an 1762-IF2OF2 2 Channel Analog IN and 2 Channel Analog OUT.

Hope This Helps

Do I have to supply the 0-10V to the analog in from the PF4M

Just make sure the common of the PF4 analog is common to that of the Analog output as well. The installation instruction manual 1766-IN001C-EN-P has some very clear diagrams on how to wire the analog.

EDIT: To clarify, the analog output will derive the 0-10vdc from the internal power supply.
If you have a base module with an analog out, then O:0.4 and O:0.5 should be Aout0 and Aout1 respectively.
Make sure to use the "analog common" terminal.

As Bob and Bernie point out, either your missing and analog card or your missing a character on your part number.

Last edited:
Just a little warning...

If you short together the wires from the analog output, you will fry it. ... Yes, I speak from experience.o_O

At least the terminal strips are removable for quick replacement :ROFLMAO: