change Profibus address from HW Config profinet

plcJeroen

Hi all,

I have a question, I want to change the address of a Profibus slave. My CPU315 is connect via ethernet. Is this possible over ethernet(without using a MPI/Profibus adapter)?

Gr. Jeroen

Ok, but the slave does not have any dip-switches. Its default address is 4, but I have more slaves of that type on the same Profibus.

Jeroen

Hi,
It's a LAM 53 laser module for measuring distance. the PLC is master. it has a Profibus and supply connector that's all. But within step7 is it possible to change the address?

Jeroen

It is possible that the Profibus address is assigned dynamically.
You can try to load the modified the HW Config on the S7 CPU. Then cycle power to both CPU and laser.

Similar Topics

Hi, I wanted to establish a profibus communication between 2 plcs. One is S7 400 and other is S7 300 plc. Please let me know what is the right...
Replies
Views
Simocode DP is ship with node number 126. That node number is over node number of profibus DP (Max = 125). How can we change default node number...
Replies
Views
Hy Sirs, how can we change the profibus baudrate of a Simodrive from 12 mbits/s to 1.5 mbits/s ? does it automatically detect the baudrate ? or do...
Replies
Views
two CPU under Profibus DP Master/Slave communication. do they exchange DB data? eg CPU1 DB1 -> CPU2 DB10 CPU1 DB2<- CPU2 DB11 is it...
Replies
Views
hi guys I`ve got a profibus connection between a s7 315-2DP station and a s5-95u L2-DP. the connection is ok. I need to exchange data...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom