something for fun

kwires

Hey guys i am looking for a way to trigger logic with an MP3 or something similar, anybody got any ideas?? I created a routine for a shooting star and i want to trigger the whole routine, I have a bit in place to to trigger a JSR i just need a way to fire it.
I am using a SLC with a 5/03 processor.

Thanks
KWires

You can buy quad-copters that are controlled via your iPhone. Pretty sure a good sized hobby store could help out there. Maybe that could open up some ideas?

I want to trigger off of sound or actually just the start of a track

I know all about light o rama there stuff is great but I cant afford the controller, and i already have a slc. I really just want to synchronize the start. Maybe i am looking at it wrong maybe i should let the slc start the music? Any thoughts??

Maybe i am looking at it wrong maybe i should let the slc start the music?
Does this MP3 have an voltage trigger input?

Why, I ask this. Because the best thing is to tigger audio player with the PLC or the PLC can trigger the audio player. But, audio player needs to have a voltage level input in order to work the way I am talking about.

Now, if the audio player doesn't have a voltage tigger and uses serial comms (i.e. RS-232) and you have the comm card for the PLC, then you can go that way. Or, you can get Basic Stamp micorcontroller to serve as the voltage input to trigger the audio player with serial comms and this allows you to have more access to your sound files

BTW, I do a alot of posts related to this type thing in another forum called EFX-TEK under the user name "Bnut"