RS logix firmware question

tsl_man

I have RS logix 5000 V15.02.00 loaded on my laptop.

I have a processor with version 12.42 firmware. When I try to download the program I get the error:

"RSLogix 5000 support for this firmware revision is not installed. "

My question is how do I get rs logix5000 to support that version that is on the Processor. It isnt backward compatable?

If I go to the firmware page on rockwells site, the Logix 5000 program firmware downloads are greyed out and only the hardware firmware can be accessed.

Cant I make it compatable with multiple versions?

Thanks

There is a version of RSLogix5000 to match every major firmware rev. You need RSLogix5000 ver 12.xx loaded on your computer. You can have mulitple versions loaded at the same time.

Not generally; a new purchase of RSLogix 5000 includes a DVD with v12 through v19 (or whatever's current). Each license covers a single installation of all revisions.

If you need the older revisions, you download them from RA's Webupdates site. For that you need a TechConnect support contract.

Thanks, I looked in my box of software and have a the RS Logix 5000 for ver. V10.07 - V15.02

Thats what I have loaded on my computer now, so I dont understand.

Do I need to reload it? and then tell it what version I want?
Or can I get the support for all if I load the ver 12?
Not sure I understand.

OK, I put the CD in and upon loading the program i see where I can get the support for all the versions listed..

That is the answer i think.

Thank you guys very much!

OK, I put the CD in and upon loading the program i see where I can get the support for all the versions listed..

That is the answer i think.

Thank you guys very much!

As you figured out, you can have multiple versions installed at the same time. You need each software version for each major hardware version that you plan on working with.