Crimson Group Alarm

Brijm

Lifetime Supporting Member
Was wondering if group alarms are possible in Crimson 3.

If I have a folder (group) ProcessA, which contains a number of alarms pertaining to ProcessA. Is there a way to tell if a group has any tag, that is alarm condition? Is there away to tell if a tag is in Alarm, without knowing beforehand what that alarm condition is?

as far as i know none of the things you ask can be done with crimson 3.
t system variable "activealarms" indicate t number of tags in alarm state.
i guess you will have to define a program which revise those tags on thick.

There is no default function like this in Crimson 3

You may consider incrementing an internal tag from the trigger of the alarm tag to indicate that it is in alarm. You will then know how many tags are in alarm in that group.

What I have done for something similar (with few alarms) is to create a tag for it. In my example, there are four folders identical in structure to AU13, each with its own Alarm_Any tag, and then there's a system level Alarm_Any.

I use these "derived" tags to make my Alarm screen navigation button color turn purple when Alarm_Any is true, and I make the main screen mode indicator change colors for each unit that is in alarm.

alarm_any_000.png

Last edited:
There is no default function like this in Crimson 3

You may consider incrementing an internal tag from the trigger of the alarm tag to indicate that it is in alarm. You will then know how many tags are in alarm in that group.

That will work nicely. I was considering Okie's suggestion, but didn't want to have to account for each tag or have all that typing. I did notice if it is a automatic acknowledge, that you need to decrement the value on clear, if manual, then on acknowledge. Otherwise my count didn't stay consistant.

If your Alarm bits are contiguous then you could scan through them incrementing an integer with each match - this would save the decrementing on acknowledge.

i like Okie's bitwise OR idea though if you have only a few tags to monitor.

If your Alarm bits are contiguous then you could scan through them incrementing an integer with each match - this would save the decrementing on acknowledge.

i like Okie's bitwise OR idea though if you have only a few tags to monitor.

It's actually quite easy to type "| " the OR operator and space, then drag the tags into the spaces ... not much typing ... I wonder how many ORs I can OR on one line?

It's actually quite easy to type "| " the OR operator and space, then drag the tags into the spaces ... not much typing ... I wonder how many ORs I can OR on one line?

I don't think I even noticed the Resource Pane, on the Data Tags Page. Good tip on dragging the variables into the complex code.

Re:

Is there away to tell if a tag is in Alarm, without knowing beforehand what that alarm condition is?

try GETALARMTAG(INDEX ).