Step7 Variable Names

kamenges

I have a Siemens project coming up where we will be using Step7 V5.5. Jeebs made a comment in this thread that got me thinking about my future.

The last time I used Step7, there was no way to upload a block that had a timestamp mismatch and still maintain the variable name declarations or block internal variables. Is that still the case or has that changed? To the best of my knowledge the only ways to get out of that case are to:
1 Download the offline copy and hope the differences are minor enough not to cause an issue
2 Upload the offline copy and lose the variable names
3 Do an offline to online compare, modify the offline block to match the important online status and download the new offline block.

Does that about sum it up or am I missing something?

Keith

The new STEP7 v11 has a new feature to upload the online actual values.
But it is not perfect at all. You may have to do a lot of copy-and-paste between the uploaded actual values and the offline actual values. We can only hope that Siemens one day finally listens to its customers and gives us the one-button upload of all actual values that we want.

Thanks guys. I was hoping I was missing somehting since I haven't done any serious Siemens work for about 8 years. But alas...

I just need to be careful with my online/offline correlation I guess.