PV+ login in/out

robw53

i am wanting to know can i use a keyswitch with an input to bring up the username/password login popup, and also when the keyswitch is switched back it will also log out, am i right in thinking i could use a macro or global connection?

i have looked through the view studio ME manual but does not show anything which looks like it will do the trick

I am not sure you can trigger the security login directly, but you might be able to do it indirectly by using a global display connection to have the PLC call up a secured screen. Hopefully this would in turn trigger a login and not bypass security.

i am wanting to know can i use a keyswitch with an input to bring up the username/password login popup, and also when the keyswitch is switched back it will also log out, am i right in thinking i could use a macro or global connection?

i have looked through the view studio ME manual but does not show anything which looks like it will do the trick

You could have the input tag turn on visibility for the login button. Then have a login macro that automatically calls up the secure screen. Then you can run a macro on the display settings for the secure screen so that the user is logged out when that display closes.

You could also use a OSF (one-shot falling) on the key sw input to trigger a bit that is connected to the "remote display close" global tag.

I am not sure you can trigger the security login directly, but you might be able to do it indirectly by using a global display connection to have the PLC call up a secured screen. Hopefully this would in turn trigger a login and not bypass security.

This will allow you access to the screen without proper security credentials. I use this method to get into our protected screens when the security accounts get goofed up (until I have the opportunity to fix them).

However I'd probably use a combination of Okie and bmacattack's posts: Either use the keyswitch make a login button visible, or call up a screen that has the login button on it.

Last edited:
At the moment I have it setup so that the login button visibility is controlled via the key sw
I think I will get rid of the log in button visibility all together and just make the key sw call an ontop display with a login logout and close screen and then use the falling edge of a onf to bring the display up again to allow a logout Button to be displayed

Thanks for the advice

Last edited: