realview32 users.act ancient login issues

mlkemac

I'm attempting to get a very old system running again that uses allenbradley plc / realview32

i have full access to the windows 2000 installation running the software and can see there's a users.act file but the information is encrypted.

the original programmer is long gone, and from the file dates this hasn't been touched since 2010.

having the program rewritten will be very costly and will make this project pointless. can anyone guide me in the right direction to either reset or delete the users to gain access ?

thank you

I'm attempting to get a very old system running again that uses allenbradley plc / realview32
I think you meant RSView32.

This is what I found from RA KB based on RSView32 users.act... you will need a RA account to view the following information.

ID: PN869 | Access Levels: Everyone

RSView32 Weak Encryption Algorithm on Passwords​

thats correct, thanks for clarifying.

i see the article. but it only sheds light that someone has decrypted the file, and the exploit is not public.

would someone here be able to assist with the file?