90/30 conversion to Rx3i

Orator111

I'm considering replacing some 90/30 processors/racks with Rx3i processors/racks and keeping the existing I/O cards. Does anyone know of a publication that discusses the advantages and pitfalls of doing such an upgrade?
thanks!

I'm considering replacing some 90/30 processors/racks with Rx3i processors/racks and keeping the existing I/O cards. Does anyone know of a publication that discusses the advantages and pitfalls of doing such an upgrade?
thanks!

I don't know of any publications that discusses this, but I have done this exact thing with no issues.

thanks!
I suggest you have your local rep stop in to explain it to you. They can then take a look at what you have and help you avoid any "gotchas" like unsupported or too old modules.

I think being proactive is great but the hardest sell is spending money to fix what isn't broken. While there are some unique options with the PAC, it may present some problems with prerequisites that may need to be solved before you can utilize said advantages further adding to total cost of conversion. If its just going to be a retrofit mission where you import the logic to a new cpu then it may be a easier transition. We are adopting an end of life approach to upgrades/updates.