RX3i to Yokogawa

kmisquitta

has anyone tried to communicate from an RX3i to Yokogawa. With the RX3i reading from the Yokogawa?

If so, how have you done it? do you have an example of how to do it?

Yokogawa Corporation is a very large and diverse company. Even if we assume you're talking about one of their DCS systems, that's a variety of targets as well.

Exactly what Yokogawa device are you connecting to ?

The Rx3i is capable of Modbus TCPIP (provided you have an Ethernet Port). Does the Yokogawa support Modbus. This may be the simplest way.
You can either write code in the Rx3i (using Comreq fn) to read or write to a Modbus Device. Or you set up mapping within the Rx3i so that external Modbus devices can read & write to its (Rx3i) memory.

If Ethernet is not available on the Yokogawa device there are several serial protocols available also. What protocol does your device use?

That is not supported directly, but if it is an ASCII serial protocol you may be able to build it using a serial port module.