change drive siemens to lenze

necyil

Hello Al

I want change siemens simovert vc to leneze 9300. Plc comunicate with profibus. When i change simovert to lenze, do i need change anything on plc?

for example, control word and status worda are same??

i need information

Many thaks for help

nec

You will need to change the PLC hardware config and probably the PLC software as well.

Not sure why you would want to replace a Siemens MasterDrive VC with a Lenze 9300. I'm not a fan of Lenze drives due to too many bad experiences such as a 9300 positioning drive that repeatedly ignored the hard-wired end of travel limit and smashed the mechanics; it turned out that is the encoder failed then it ignored the end of travel limits!

Nick

Mant Thanks Nick. I need information for that. maybe some example. I used many lenze and relay was good.

Lenze - Upper Level Management contacts in Germany ?

For the last several years I have had some serious problems with Lenze America. Lack of support , lack of cooperation , lack of availability of drives , motors , gearboxes , etc. lack of customer service , etc. , etc., etc. I just don't
see how they stay in business. It is like they don't look thru the same lense, and don't see what industry expects. I have had great success with SEW Eurodrive , service , availability,
even have visits from sales people. Even their distributers are upset with them. I even sense some arrogance from them. Like they have no idea what the demands of manufacturing is like.

I am sorry for venting. But would anybody have any major Lenze player contacts in Germany ? Names ,titles , e-mails , phone numbers , etc. This is by far, the worst project decision I have ever made. I am still considering replacing with SEW , but it would be a major expense.

Any contacts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your ear , and have a great weekend.