Micrologix web browser

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
HI,
I have a few questions and would be quite comfortable reading a manual to get the answers but google and i haven't quite found the the answers in a manual yet.

1. Using a router i have connected to the ML-1100 web page easily. Where do i learn how to write a data view? Is it possible to write an html page for it?

2. Using a Switch (no router) I haven't yet been able to connect to the web page. Shouldn't that be possible. I use the switch routinely with RSLinx/RSLogix to communicate with the machine.

3. I have another ML1100 (working well thank you) that says "BAD HTML OS" "Recovery via Ctrl Flash Required" whenever i try to connect to its WEB page. The processor is FRN 2.0 on that machine.

4. Are the OS and the FRN one and same thing?

narlin

1. I don't think so, but I'm not 100%. I think it only provides a pre-canned web capability.
2. Of course you can connect via a switch and not a router. I would guess that you're getting an IP address from the router via DHCP. You will probably have to set that address on the computer manually in the case of the switch. What is the IP address and subnet mask for the Micro and PC? On the PC at the command prompt type: "ipconfig /all".
3 and 4. Sorry, I have no idea.

HI,
I have a few questions and would be quite comfortable reading a manual to get the answers but google and i haven't quite found the the answers in a manual yet.

1. Using a router i have connected to the ML-1100 web page easily. Where do i learn how to write a data view? Is it possible to write an html page for it?

2. Using a Switch (no router) I haven't yet been able to connect to the web page. Shouldn't that be possible. I use the switch routinely with RSLinx/RSLogix to communicate with the machine.

3. I have another ML1100 (working well thank you) that says "BAD HTML OS" "Recovery via Ctrl Flash Required" whenever i try to connect to its WEB page. The processor is FRN 2.0 on that machine.

4. Are the OS and the FRN one and same thing?

narlin

OK? How about how to learn how to set up a data view? When i click on Data Views it just says there are not data views. I just want to be able to monitor some data from 2 floors below over an Ethernet cable plugged into a switch without having to use RSLinx and RSLogix.

I'm not sure about data views and the web server.

One option is that you can install a (free) demo version of Ignition. It comes with an OPC-UA server to talk to your MicroLogix. It has a web page with a "quick client" that allows you to monitor tag values or even write to them over a web page. You would want to click on the link on that page to generate a free key for the OPC server so it doesn't run in trial mode.