RSView Timer

GermanCorrea

I am trying to use ietimer.ocx I installed before. It works fine in VB6. When I Try Objects/Active Control in my Display, Insert an ActiveX Control Dialog appears and I can find IETimer as Timer Object (as in VB6 but named IETimer) but when I press OK Button I get Failed to create Control. License infotmation for this component was not found.
I was able to unregister using same ActiveX Control Dialog and I cann´t use control in VB6 anymore, as is logic. I was able to register again using same ActiveX Control Dialog, but when I try to use I get same message. Only difference I get is in VB6 control is named IETimer and in RSView is named Timer Object.
Can anybody give any idea?

Correa,

Using an externaal timer VB program seems to be "asking for trouble". Even IF you managed to make it run, how would you account for the time it takes to access the ActiveX object, load it, run, and compute the time?

Instead, use one of the existing RSView System time-value tags such as:
system\Time
system\Hour
system\Minute
system\Second
system\DateAndTimeInteger
system\DayofMonth
system\DayOfWeek
system\DayOfYear
system\Year
system\BlinkFast
system\BlinkSlow

Thanks Lancie1

I am really not using external timer VB program. I am trying to add a timer ocx to RSView. I test IETimer in a external VB6 program in order to see if ocx it is weel registered. Am I wright or not to add ocxs to RSView? Is this possible?

Correa,

Using an externaal timer VB program seems to be "asking for trouble". Even IF you managed to make it run, how would you account for the time it takes to access the ActiveX object, load it, run, and compute the time?

Instead, use one of the existing RSView System time-value tags such as:
system\Time
system\Hour
system\Minute
system\Second
system\DayOfWeek
system\DayOfYear
system\Year
system\BlinkFast
system\BlinkSlow