IP69K rope switches

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Any recommendations for rope safety switches that can handle 500psi wash down and chlorine and various other caustic sanitizers?

I have zero brand loyalty, and money is no object, reliability is king, and availability is important too.

Thanks,
Paul

Have a look at the Schneider - Telemechanique range
There is not that many available - Is it at 60~80 degrees C as well.
not an easy ask i am affraid

Okie

We have all of these on different machines. No preference just what came on them but never any issues with any of them and we have some real animals here. They can destry a sherman tank if you put it out there on the production floor.

We have more of the AB model than anything just because we mostly order Ab stuff for something done in house.

http://www.sti.com/switches/ER6022-SS/index.htm

http://www.idemsafety.com/products.asp?prodid=35

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/3377539/5866177/3377577/3378084/7527734/6797386/index.html

Thanks guys. I have worked with a wide variety in a dry dusty rubber plant years ago, so any info about reliability issues or environmental hardiness will be great. I've been partial to STI safety stuff, so I will start there. We have a good relationship with A/B too but I am too sleepy to read through their catalogs to locate environmental ratings today...

I didn't mention the temperature. For the first installation: During the day it is 40degrees F in the room and at night it gets up to 90 or so, worst case around 105 with 99.9% humidity, and 443 psi (I looked at the peak from our database last night) water blasted at everything from a 1/4" nozzle.

Then they spray a chemical sanitizer on everything to soak it. Aluminum will dissolve in a few months. Black iron become ferrous oxide right before your eyes. Anodized platings go away in about a month. They change chemicals almost daily too, but chlorine is one that gets used very frequently, as well as one that smells like vinegar (nearly blinded me with that crud this morning...).

One that is all stainless steel with UHMW parts and a gold plated q.d. connector would be ideal.

EDIT: :) that first link looks like a winner at first glance...many thanks...and don't hesitate to continue commenting.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, the fumes burned my eyes, forcing me to stagger away from the handwash station with my eyes closed, because a hose monkey poured the stuff in the sink undiluted and didnt rinse it down the drain or warn me. i was NOT nearly blinded.

And WTF!! more to the point what has that got to do with rope switches, unless when you pull the rope switch it initialises an encoder which tells you just how much danger you are in.

I just don't get it lol

Mark

how to programm an encoder in a plc ?

Guy's that was unfair to the poster:mad:
He obviously has poor english and it is his first post

Please start a new thread
Please give us a part number and model of
youre encoder

Welcome to the site

Guy's that was unfair to the poster:mad:
He obviously has poor english and it is his first post

Please start a new thread
Please give us a part number and model of
youre encoder

Welcome to the site

Of course you are right Ian, but my suspicion is that the poor guy is not actually a newbie, but someone just here to "push buttons". I like being razzed, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Maybe it's from playing rough with the big kids as a child.

If he or she is indeed a real newbie, I will extend my apologies when I see post #2.

Paul

how to program an encoder in a plc ?
Please explain.

Do you mean "how do I use an encoder input in a PLC program?" The answer, as others said, depends on the brand, model, and type of encoder and on the brand and model of PLC software that you are using.

OR do you mean "how do I simulate an encoder using a PLC program?" The answer here depends on what brand and model of PLC software that you are using.