ISO Long-range wireless Ethernet extender for Europe?

BAJ

I have an existing system using a Phoenix Contact WLAN 4321 long-range point-to-point Ethernet extender which works pretty well for our purposes. The spec says up to 2 miles, but in our real world conditions without a perfectly clear line-of-site, we can get a little better than 1/3 mile -- longer would be better, still it works for our needs.
https://www.phoenixcontact.com/onli...21f15dd4/23cd5779-67c7-4be3-a425-1d5521f15dd4

I now have the request to build another system for use in Europe and have found CE rated equivalent parts for everything but the WLAN 4321.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks,
-Brad

I would look here:
https://www.ui.com/products/#airmax

I looked at the latest generation of the Powerbeam and it has CE certification...I'd imagine most or all of their products will have it. We have used many of their nanostations and loco units in some tough conditions and the performance has been remarkable even though they look and feel like consumer grade products, they hold up really well.

Thanks, looks like the stuff I need. Finding a distributor who will sell me the European (or ROW) version might be the next challenge.

The problem you are going to have in Europe is that the allowed transmitter power is significantly less that what is allowed in North America. in NA you are allowed up to 30dB (1 Watt) of transmitted power (at the transmitter) but in Europe you are only allowed 20dB (at the antenna). That doesn't sound like much but every 3dB is either double the power if increased or a 1/2 the power if the power is decreased. In other words, 30dB = 1 Watt, 27dB = 500 mW and so on. so 20dB = 100mW. The same thing holds true with regards to range. Whatever range you can get with 30dB, cut it in half with 27dB.
Basically what this all means is you can't build a system designed for Europe with the expectation that the wireless side will work the same way it does in NA with regards to range and robustness (ability to deal with noise).

NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK X6S EX8000 (168 feet) We start our list with a product from one of the most prominent brands when it comes to producing hardware for internet connection.
MOTOROLA MX1200 (100 feet)
TP-LINK RE650 (75 feet)
NETGEAR EX6200 (85 feet)
Hopefully I understand your question and answered properly, Thank You!

NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK X6S EX8000 (168 feet) We start our list with a product from one of the most prominent brands when it comes to producing hardware for internet connection.
MOTOROLA MX1200 (100 feet)
TP-LINK RE650 (75 feet)
NETGEAR EX6200 (85 feet)
Hopefully I understand your question and answered properly, Thank You!

Thanks for the info, but 168' is about 1/33 of a mile, our current US-rated equipment is good for 1/3+ miles range.

I guess I also failed to mention it needs to be weather-proof as it will be used outdoors.

We just received our hardware (although I'm out of town on another job), but I'll keep your option in mind for the future. The biggest problem I faced was getting a flipping quote for CE-rated devices! Many manufacturers make a Europe/CE-rated product, but I couldn't actually get any resellers to send me a quote. WTH? I ended up buying AirXroad units from ACKSYS, but even their US distributors would not send me a quote so I bought direct from the factory in France. It was the right call, their sales/tech support were PHENOMENAL in helping me understand and figure out what the heck I needed to do to meet EIRP limits.

The real trick has been trying to find the right antenna to go with it, and ACKSYS helped me a lot with that too. We've order a couple different ones and have testing to do.

I'll try to remember to update here with results.

Cheers,
-Brad