RS Logix 5000 Interupt

pauly

If I want to create an interupt in Logix 5000 (V19) so that at on seeing an input I get the corresponding output no matter where the scan is at the time, what is the best way of doing this? Would it need to go into a periodic block?
Any ieas are welcome

I am guessing that it will go into an "event task", with a low number for priority...

I only post this so I can only learn what others say on this matter :)

RSLogix5000 is only part of the puzzle ...

(1) are you using CONTROL-Logix or COMPACT-Logix? ... it makes a difference ...

(2) are you using a LOCAL input or a REMOTE input? ... that can make a difference too ...

Yep it the Event task with "Module Input Data State Change"

See the Task documentation in your logix install
Default location is
C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Common\ENU\Docs\Common

you can also look for the Latest version online

aw beat me with a better reply

pauly, why do you need such a fast response - input to output.

just curious as to whether this should be done outside the controller

@ the OP

Not out quite yet but rockwell has some IO modules coming out for contrologix that can turn on a output based on a input in a dedicated time that is dependant on scan time.

IIRC these are due out in Q2 2012.