Panelview 1000

remus

I have a Panelview1000 with an ethernet port and RS232 port.The issues I'm having is that I can upload thru ethernet/ip using Panelbuilder32 but can not download.Are there any settings that I need to change.
Appreciate if you can help me.

Welcome to the Forum !

That's unusual; you certainly should be able to upload and download over the same direct network connection.

Is the *.PVA file you are trying to download the exact same as the one you uploaded, or did you make modifications in PanelBuilder32 ? Are you certain the Terminal Model and Firmware are set to match the actual terminal ?

Do you get an error message, and if so, what does it say ?

Ken Roach,
Thank you for responding to my question.
This is the error displayed on the screen.
"Error(2138)_DTL_E_BAD_CIP_PATH Uninterpretable Path in DTSA"
It is the same .PVA file and I did not make any modification.
The terminal model is 2711-K10C20-PV1000 Color Key,FRN 4.20-4X.xx
Thanks.
Remus

Thanks for posting that error message.

My guess is that it's some sort of mis-match between RSLinx Classic and PanelBuilder32. I didn't find that error message in the RA Knowledgebase, though, so the only recommendation I could make is to upgrade to PanelBuilder32 version 2.83 and RSLinx Classic 2.56 or better.

The good news is that you can use an ATA Flash card to transfer applications to and from this terminal. I usually use a CompactFlash card (I have a 256 MB one, formatted for FAT16) in a Type II carrier.

Ken Roach,
Yes,the CF card works.
The PanelBuilder32 I am using is
version 03.83.01[Build7] and the RS Linx Classic Lite is version 2.56.00.13 CPR 9 SR2.
I wonder if the Lite version has something to do with it.
Thank You.

Of course I meant "3.83" for PanelBuilder32.

Those are the current revisions of both software packages, and RSLinx Lite is sufficient for use by PanelBuilder32.

I can't say what the issue really is. Rockwell Automation Technical Support might be able to provide more information.

Remus, can you post screenshots of what you are doing leading up to and including this error message?

Also, out of curiousity, what RSLinx driver are you using to perform the download? EthernNet Devices or EtherNet/IP?

OG