Receiving Ascii Code on a s7-200

suaj002

Let me start out by saying thanks for reading.

I'm new in the plc programming field but I've done minor work in changing and making small programs with the s7-200.

My problem now is that my boss bought a weight scale that prints out its value in ascii code. He wants the plc to be able to receive the information and display it on a touch screen. So far I've been able to receive information from the scale but it's not in any usable format I've been trying to convert the ascii to an integer but with no luck. When I look at the information live it is always changing to different number values which i don't know what the problem could be. It's my first time trying to run a freeport program. My boss also just gave me a cable and told me to make it work . By the way the scale communication port is an rs232. The type of scale is a ADAM gbk 130a. I hope somebody has some experiance with this series of scales.

I've read that the output is give 132.23 Kg <cr><lf> so I'm not sure if I also have to subtract the last to char and the Kg just to get the weight integer.

If somebody had the same of something close to my problem I would really like the help...

Thanks

hi,try use "Converting Substrings to Numerical Values".You can convert to integer,double integer,real....