CSV Serial String RSLOGIX5000

JDCROCKETT724

I have a device that reports back multiple data points in a string seperated by commas. Is there an easy way to extract each data point to a tag? The only way I can think is to find the location of each comma and then extract the data between each one. Possible, but there has got to be an easier way.

I think you already have the right idea.

STOR and STOD instructions pull the first number from the String, and will stop when they find a comma. But they don't affect the source String.

I'd say use FIND to find the comma, MID to pull out the number before the comma, then STOR or STOD.

It would be a neat application for an Add-On Instruction !

If you can post a couple of examples of the strings you receive, details of the data you are collecting, etc., I can have a look at an AOI parser...

Got to get an idea of the whole formatting.....e.g. Is the data presented as "fixed-length" (i.e. always same number of characters, (leading zeroes)), that sort of thing.

We have to present to the STOR and STOD instructions strings that can be converted, otherwise it won't work