Launch of Application Manager in FT

godfrey

Why does Application Manager take so long to run? I'm on FT ver 5.1 now. I've had other versions in the past. It seems that after having a new install for some time, it takes now about 55 seconds for Application Manager to launch. How long does yours take to launch?

I wonder if it depends on how many applications you have on your machine? I have about 25 or so on my machine.

37 seconds for mine. It seems excessively long doesn't it!

I currently have 54 on mine. I know I can archive some of them. I'll try that. I wish i could get rid of the default ones that come with FT but I heard it doesn't like for them to be removed.

You can delete them in 6.0.

I remember having problems in previous versions deleting them. They would automatically try to reinstall the next time you launched. If you didn't have the disk, you seemed to be SOL.