SLC150 Program Comments (PCIS)

swapped

I have two machines that have SLC150's in them. These machines need to stay 5 more years and then are going to get scrapped. No way to upgrade - we have at least 2 spares for the bricks.

I have very old copies of the programs that have documentation in them. The programs have changed. I can save a copy (upload) from the plc but i dont know how to merge the documentation. Does anyone know how i could save the current program and have the documentation from the old program in there.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The PCIS software only supports one kind of a merge - the manual kind where you type it in again.

If you have old copies then I suggest you first upload from the PLC and save under a new name. Then print out that program. Next open one of the old copies with documentation. Then rung by rung go through and make the old copy code exactly match what you uploaded and printed. That may be easier than reentering all the comments.

BTW, links to PCIS and SLC-100 manuals have been posted in several threads on the forum. Do a forum search for them.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I dont think you can merge the programs. There is only one file per program with a .100 extension. Maybe you might be able to use a HexEditor to split it but that is way above my skill level. If you can still open the old original programs, print out a hardcopy. Next, F1 from the main menu, then F1 read, select from SLC. Next, take the printout of the old program and compare the logic rung by rung, entering the descriptions and comments by hand. Probably not what you wanted to hear, sorry. TConnolly types faster than me, oh well.

Last edited:
Here's a thought, zip and post the old file(s) and new upload(s) from the plcs with info of which file(s) to merge with which new upload(s). Maybe someone not busy will take the time to help you.

thank you all for your replies. I didn't think there was a way to do it. Right after i posted i started doing what TConnolly suggested (making changes to old program with comment to make it match the new uploaded one). I must have missed something because so far its a no go. I'll have more time later today to take a look at it again.

Does anyone know what the differences in PCIS 2.0 vs 3.0 are? Just curious, I downloaded 2.0 and found 3.0 on an old 386 along with some plc2 software here.