SLC150 SQO Instruction

AutoWorks

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can someone help converting an SQO in a SLC150 to RSLogix500?
See attached JPG also attached the program.

Thanks

20171026_222620.jpg

Attachments

• PCACART1.zip
    539 bytes · Views: 4
wow I haven't seen one of those I many years
it looks like they are using it as a simple 2 sec flasher
the sqo is a time driver sequence and only has 2 steps
the mask shows it only uses output 018
2sec off then 2 sec on and repeat
you don't need an sqo to do that in RSLoxis500 use 2 timers or even just 1

I didn't think anybody was still using the SLC100 /150 processors

I didn't think anybody was still using the SLC100 /150 processors

You might be surprised - a lot of companies won't update an old PLC if the machine still runs.

For an easier (approximately) 2 second on/off simply do an XIC S:4/8 using the internal timer. S:4/7 is a (about) 1 second timer; /9 about 4 seconds

Thanks for the replies. I think I can handle a timer... LOL
This company has a few SLC150's they want me to upgrade. They had one go out and learned the hard way about the need to "modernize" their PLC's.
Didn't know how the Sequencer worked in the 150's. Figured I would cheat and ask someone before digging into the manual.
I had to buy an old laptop off of EBay with Windows 2000 to actually be able to connect to the PLC. I had an old "newer" laptop with XP and a serial port but couldn't get it to connect. This older laptop had no problem. I think something different about the serial ports?

You might be surprised - a lot of companies won't update an old PLC if the machine still runs.

Yep... I sell about 10 USB 1745-PCC's a week so I agree there are a lot out there

AutoWorks said:
I had to buy an old laptop off of EBay with Windows 2000 to actually be able to connect to the PLC. I had an old "newer" laptop with XP and a serial port but couldn't get it to connect. This older laptop had no problem. I think something different about the serial ports?

I run it on Windows 10 and use a USB adapter, I have not had time to run it on a VM yet but I would think running a 32 bit VM W7 should work

Here is the user manual and it may help if you dont see something that looks right www.plctrainer.net/PCISManual.pdf