How to change baud rate on SLC150 (PCIS software)

Hello Gentlemen (and Ladies),

I have a SLC150 I am playing with. It's baud rate is 9600. Easy to establish comm with it using a 1745-PCC. Recently I was at a job where they also have a slc150, and I could not communicate with the customer's unit until I set the 'Configuration (F7)' in PCIS to 2400.

My question is: How do I set the SLC150 baud rate? how does one SLC150 have a baud rate of 9600 and another 2400? where is this configured in the PLC? I looked though the manual and looked at all the PCIS options and do not see a 'set baud rate' option. Yet two different SLC150 units have completely different baud rate that is not set in the code (as far as my limited understanding allows me to understand).

Do you know the answer?

Best regards,

Mike

Last edited: