SLC 503 byepass password protect.

daithi1979

Hello,
I am trying to download a new program to an SLC 503 L532E CPU. The problem I have is the CPU is password protected whcih I cant get as the OEm is gone out of buisness and therefore cant download my program.
I have followed some of the previous threads which reccomend removing the battery and shorting the GND and VBB pins for approx 60 secs. I have done this but it still looks for a password when I try and download. I have also got a flashing fault light since I removed the battery and shorted the GND VBB pins.

Is there any other way of getting around the password protection.
Would appreciate any help.
Kind Regards,
David
icon6.gif

The flashing fault light means the program is no longer there. Hopefully you left the jumper on the card in the protect position, it is for firmware upgrades only, not ordinary application downloads. I'm not sure there is an EEPROM module for this processor, but if there was an EEPROM module, it needs to be removed even before doing the reset procedure. The only other thing is maybe the program you are trying to download has a password. Try writing a simple 1 rung program with just the end instruction, then, download it to the processor.

Last edited:
daithi1979,

you can contact your local distributor and explain to them what has happened. Be prepared to explain to them what the machine does and maybe even show them. You will then be required to fill out a lot of paper work. they then can remove the password.

regards,
james

The flashing fault light means the program is no longer there. Hopefully you left the jumper on the card in the protect position, it is for firmware upgrades only, not ordinary application downloads. I'm not sure there is an EEPROM module for this processor, but if there was an EEPROM module, it needs to be removed even before doing the reset procedure. The only other thing is maybe the program you are trying to download has a password. Try writing a simple 1 rung program with just the end instruction, then, download it to the processor.

I tried shorting the GND and VBB pins with the jumper left in the protect position again and ot has worked. I have downloaded my program.

Thanks for your help.