Programming

owusuappiah21

hello,
I am writing a program to run a recycle machine using simatic step 7 300.
The sequence is such that at any point in time when a stop button is pressed the system stops but the sequence should continue from where it stopped when start button is pressed.can somebody help me to code such logic?

Moreover,i would like to know how best to connect an emergency stop and light safety curtain.
Thank you

You haven't provided enough information for anyone to offer much help.
The sequence is such that at any point in time when a stop button is pressed the system stops but the sequence should continue from where it stopped when start button is pressed.
This is too generic. You have to define what you mean by stop. For example, suppose your sequence included filling a tank with water. When you pause the sequence do you want to stop filling or let it continue to fill but prevent from moving on to the next step? Or suppose the step involved heating to a preset temperature. Would pausing the sequence mean hold at the current temperature and prevent from getting any warmer or would it mean turning off the heaters and letting it cool down while it was stopped? I'm asking those questions not because I know anything about your process, but simply as examples of the kinds of questions you need to have answers to before you can start to write your logic.
Moreover,i would like to know how best to connect an emergency stop and light safety curtain.
The best way to start is to follow the wiring instructions included with the devices.

Programming(simatic S7 300)

[FONT=&quot]Thak you. the description of the process is;
Waste Expandable polysterene (EPS) sheets of sizes (50mm,70mm,100mm,75mm,200mm etc:1000mm X 1200mm) are to be recycled into a storage bin(silo).[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Now the recycle system comprises;[/FONT]
Ø
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]conveyor[/FONT]
Ø
[FONT=&quot]Lifter[/FONT]
Ø
[FONT=&quot]feeder[/FONT]
Ø
[FONT=&quot]Crusher[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
By manually placing the EPS (styrox) material on the conveyor, it carries it to the lifter which then lifts and delivers to the feeder and then to the crusher for crushing and then finally blown by a blower to the storage bin (silo)

Now my question is i want to use stop push button at the input of the plc so that at any particular step/state the plc will remember the particular state which it was and then carry on from there but not to go to the initial state.
Kindle help me on hw to design an interlock for the particular state to be remembered when start button is pressed again.
Thank you.
[/FONT]