Wonderware

angi

Hi guys

I need to use a PC with WW installed to monitor two PLCs by EtherNet, one is CompactLogix another is a SLC 5/04. I had already install DASABCIP on the PC. I want to know how to setup the communication between these two PLC, for example, send one tag from CompactLogix to N7:10 of SLC.

Thanks

You can do this strictly between the two PLCs without requiring WW, all you need is a MSG instruction.

If you still want WW, as far as DASABCIP it is fairly simple to setup. Under Configuration you need to add a CIP port. Under the port, add a SLC500_EN object and a ENI/ENB_CPLX object. Set the IP address for both of these under host name. For the CPLX, under the ENI/ENB object you need to add a backplane object, then a Logix object. The Logix object needs the proper slot number.

Under both the SLC500 and Logix objects, there is a tab called Device Groups. On this tab in the white area, right click then "Add". The Name field is the DDE/Suitelink topic name, and the update interval is how often the PLC is polled. You are not required to put items in the Device Items tab, it is optional.

In WW Access Names, use the application name DASABCIP, and the topic name you chose above. You can use Suitelink or DDE, but Suitelink is more efficient.

I assume you know how to create a tag in InTouch, if not I can assist with that as well.

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

If what you wrote is true you will have trouble with the SLC 5/04 as it does not have ethernet capability. It is strictly serial or DH+.

Harry's idea works fine. I've done this very thing through messaging, and a second DA/CIP connection too. What version of Wonderware are you using ?

I could understand Harry's idea, but I stll can not figure out how to send the tag value to SLC., I am using version 10.

Is it necessary that you message it ? If not, its just as easy to create a second CIP connection and let Wonderware poll the second PLC. If it needs to be used in the HMI logic for permissives or control, then by all means, msg it.

You create a tag in WW for each item you want to poll.

Example:
Tagname1 (SLC: I/O Integer, Read/Write, item name N7:0)
Tagname2 (CPLX: I/O Integer, Read/Write, item name SLC_N7_0)

create a script in WW, or use the Application > While Running script. Whatever is on the left side of the equal sign is the tag you want to WRITE to. To write the value from tagname1 to tagname2, use this syntax in the script:

Tagname1 = Tagname2;

Or vice versa:

Tagname2 = Tagname1;

It is that simple