GE Fanuc SNP 90-30 Software

tlbates

Greetings List.. I'm a real newbie to PLCs and having trouble deciphering what software to use to communicate with and probably modify a program in a 90-30. It's a 10 device rack with embedded CPU (I think a 323). I originally bought a serial to USB cable and Logicmaster 90 Software from PLC trainer. I have recently ordered a straight serial/serial to try next. With the Logicmaster disc, I also got VersaPro 1.1. Anyway, my PLC was fault stopped, and I could verify such when VersaPro said I was connected. I could click and open the fault table, but when I clicked clear, I got a "maximum users for this port excedded" fault (or something similar). I tried connecting with LOgicmaster 90 software, but when trying to get in with that, my computer locked up so tight that I had to crash it to shutdown. I'm using XP home-SP3. I see software called "Simplicity ME" and "Proficy ME" out there for purchase or even free downloads, but don't know which way to go next. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tom

Logicmaster is a DOS application dating back to the early 1990s. Unless your PLC's program was created with it, you will be unable to use it to monitor or modify your program.

VersaPro is one generation older than GE's current programming software. Personally, I wouldn't touch any version of VersaPro older than 1.5.

GE's current PLC programming software is called Proficy Machine Edition. Earlier versions were called Cimplicity Machine Edition. Machine Edition release notes say it require XP Pro, not Home Edition.

I'm running the latest version of Proficy Machine Edition. Laptop is low end Toshiba with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. PME automatically installed in 32 bit mode. Running for about 2 months daily on a large project. No issues.
Doing this project with LM90 was unthinkable. Got a great deal on an upgrade. Don't know if deals are public. Suffice to say my total cost was far less than expected.
Don't waste time with downloads - they don't work.

Thanks guys. Guess I'll look to GE Supply for Proficy ME. Is this 90-30 something I can readily update or get parts for?

Just an FYI....Logicmaster 90 (latest version with a patch) is supported up through Win2k Professional. Proficy ME (version 7.00 and later) is supported on Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit. Also be aware of the firmware version in your Series 90-30. There is a minimum version requirement to work withe Proficy ME.

The old GE Supply I used is now called Gexpro. And thanks for the tip on the 90-30 firmware version. I'll be sure to check that out before ordering.