Annoying Siemens Problem

beethoven_ii

Lifetime Supporting Member
I had to install a program called PDM which is a Profibus Device Management program for one project I was working on some time ago but now every time I save a Step 7 program even if PDM is not used in that project it causes an error or warning message for anyone else opening the project who doesn't have PDM installed. I have come across similar errors myself with other packages and wondered if anyone knew a method other than uninstalling PDM to strip it from the project properties?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have just found what should be a solution on the Siemens site. Apparently if the client does a 'save as' and ticks the 'with re-organization (slow)' check box it will remove it from the project if it is not needed.

You can try this:

On a machine that does not have PDM installed, Open the project and then do a "Save As" making sure that the "With Reorganisation" tick box is checked.

Nick