Studio 5000 Logix Designer Annoying Behavior

PCMusicGuy

For some reason, when I do a search (Find in Routines, Text Only) in Logix Designer (v30, v32, or v33), I can press F4 and it will step through the search results.

If I take an extremely similar program, v31 instead, and do the same exact search, F4 will NOT cycle through the search results. Has anyone come across this before? If so, did you ever find a solution?

F3 is a standard Windows key for searching. In Studio 5000 on the main window if the Find field is empty, then pressing F3 will open the Find dialog box. If the Find field has something in it, then pressing F3 will do a Find Next. All very typical of most Windows programs.

If you do a Find and instead of selecting Find Next you instead select Find All, then the Search Results window will open. Pressing F4 will step through the items in that window. From what I see, it works the same in version 28 as it is working in version 33. Those just happened to be the versions I had running.

OG

Last edited: