extra panelview 1000

tech1

we currently control an exhauster for a cokemaking plant utilising a slc504 and a panelview 1000.production require the same facility around 250 meters away.I have installed a 1747 link coupler and panelview at the location but on checking the cabling/connections they do not comply with the manual for the 1747 link coupler.i have attached a rough drawing of what there is now.I need help conecting the slc504 to 2 panelviews.

Those connections look correct to me.

You'll move the termination jumper to the furthest 1747-AIC, and make sure the cable shield is continuous all the way through the network trunk.

DH485 trunks are good for about 4000 feet (1220 meters).

The only settings you might have to change are the "Maximum Node Address" in the PanelBuilder configuration, to be sure that all the DH485 nodes get a chance to participate in the token-passing. Most folks leave this at the default value of 31.

You'll want to check to be sure you're using the correct cable from the PanelView 1000 terminal to the 1747-AIC. You need to go from the flat/wide "CPU" connector on the 1747-AIC to the RJ45-style modular connector on the PanelView with a 1747-C10, -C11, or -C20 cable.

Even though it looks like it might work, DO NOT use an Ethernet cable to connect the RJ45 connector on the 1747-AIC to the RJ45 connector on the PanelView. Smoke and damage will ensue.

I have attached a marked-up drawing.