Extra serial ports for the Micrologix 1400

02js4130

Hi,

I have been given the task of creating a system for which i will need 3 Rs232 comms ports and 1 ethernet port.
A few years ago i completed a similar project using the ML1500 and a 1769 Ascii but the PLC memory became scarce and i had to slim down the program and live in hope this will be enough.

I have been looking at the ML1400 but there doesn't seem to be any expansion modules like the 1769-ascii, does anyone know of any 3rd party equipment?

I need to connect a HMI, scale, Barcode scanner and connection to DH485 network for data acquisition.

Thanks
Jen

If you use a Red Lion HMI, it could bridge all those devices to DH485 and even map data into the ML1400 PLC from any of its serial ports. The CR1000 has 2 serial ports and the CR3000 has 3 or 4 serial ports. Either can do "gateway blocks" where it can move data between any devices on its configured communication channels and manipulate the data to suit the needs of the recipient.