Iconics Scada

Dennis g

Ive been trying out the Iconics scada demo software connected to allen bradley seems ok but slow to update from MLX 1400 ethernet. First pros and cons on software from any who have used it and second is there a way to speed ethernet for data to scada rslogix works fine over same network.

Thanks in advance
Dennis

I've used the software for 6 years now (currently using v9.1) and from my point of view it was easy enough to learn (never had the oppourtunity to take any of the courses, something I would suggest you do) if you already know VB/VBA. The tech support is fairly quick at getting back with responses and helping you through the setup process if needed.

As for the communications, I used the Kepware OPC server and it seems to be great. The comms update as you schedule them (Iconics, especially Graphworx has it's own "max update time"). I'm using a ControlLogix gateway to 5 DH+ networks, about 35 nodes in total across them.