SIMATIC 545 error

jayare12

I am currently trying to convert a cti2500 program to a 545-1106 and everytime I transfer online I get a failed to write I/O configuration. Address out of range(other than ladder logic). What does this mean? I am using 505 workshop as my programming software and I am connected with a serial cable

The CTI 2500 is larger and supports higher I/O addressing. I know the 545 limit for analogs is 1024 so if you have a WX1025 or higher you get this error, there are limits on the discretes also , but I do not recall the exact number. The software usually points to the first network with this issue. Can you post the exact error message?

If it is a 'full blown' 545 it will support 1k of word I/O but 2k of discrete I/O; so this means that the first 1k can be mixed discrete and word, but the 2nd K of I/O can only be discrete points. The 545 'lite' only supports 1k period (mixed word / discrete).

Tom

I got it it was that someone had added an analog output card to one of the bases and started the I/O at 1041. Also as for the acctual error message it was "Failed to write I/O configuration. Address out of range(other than ladder logic).