simatic 545 low battery

acspiderman

I had a problem on a plc I am not versed on.
a 545 could not get it into run and could not connect... we replaced the card dumped the program in and were back in business.

my problem is the battery light never came on.
and a display connected to this machine says low battery.

We tried a new battery and checked it for the 3v before installing... while machine was running.

still no batt light and the display shows low batt yet.

does the light come on when I need to change or when it's good?

this answer will enlighten me to if I need to toggle a bit or get another card.

Thanks in advance.

Is the PLC battery backup dip switch #9 off or on? It should be on or to the left side if you want battery backup to function.

The dip switch is in the battery compartment on the left hand side.

NOTE: The battery in the CPU is rechargeable. The battery LED indicates
the state of the battery backup circuit (when switch 9 is ON) as follows:
OFF Low Battery backup will not work
FLASHING Marginal or charging backup may work
ON Good battery backup should work

Last edited: