Micrologix 1200 - Analog (Voltage) Input

Andy6

Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble getting my Micrologix 1200 setup with a 1762-IF2OF2 analog input/output card. I am trying to use it to read analog voltage (0-10) from a pressure transducer. I have the DIP switches set for voltage, as well as the card is set for voltage in RS500.

I checked the sensor, connected directly to a DMM, and it checks out fine. But when I have it connected to the PLC I read nothing across the terminals and get nothing but interferance in RS500. I believe I have it wired properly according to the manual.
I've tried everything I can think of and I'm all out of ideas. Can you guys think of anything I've overlooked?

I believe I have it wired properly according to the manual.

It sounds like a wiring issue to me. But sense we can't see how you wired it can you provide a drawing of how you wired it? ( or picture). Terminals for the input's + and -
are on opposite sides of the module. Please forgive me if that is a little to obvious, sometimes it's the little things.

So I hooked up my scope, and saw some really funky stuff going on. Replaced some of the wiring on my DC bus, problem solved. Strange indeed. Guess I had a loose wire somewhere. Even though I could read my 24v across the sensor power wires.