TCP Quickpanel QPI-ABD-201 module

controlconcepts

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi again, I have purchased another Quickpanel to add to my lab.
Model is QPI121100S2P and it has a
QPI-ABD-201 series A module for DH+

system consists of

AB SCL 504 7 slot rack processor is 1747-L541 16k OS401
CH 1 node 3 DH+ 230.4K
{Passthru Link ID 2} * 1
CH 0 DF1 {SOURCE ID 9} * 2
connected to PC for RSLOGIX

AB SCL 504 13 slot rack processor is 1747-L541C 16k
OS401 Series C FRN 3-8
CH 1 node 1
{Passthru Link ID 2} * 1
CH 0 DF1 {SOURCE ID 9} * 2
used to connect to 6" Quickpanel

* 1 is this ok to have them both the same ID?
* 2 same and what are these used for

AB PLC5 16 slot rack processor is 5/20
node 4

and finally the new device
10.5" QP node 7

I am using Proficy Machine Edition v5.60 to program the Quickpanel's. (and yes it is the four day trial I cant afford to buy just yet) Now for the problem or question as I cant find any manuals for the QPI-ABD-201 module. In Proficy under PLC access drivers I selected AB DH+ and added three devices one for each PLC made a few simple buttons, data entry's ,and data displays.

Downloaded and looked ok. Then i noticed that the data display s (witch I has set to read the PLC clock seconds) were exactly the same. So went on line with processors and next checked the data entry registers when I entered it on the QP I noticed that all three I had for each node had the same value as i entered in the first one..
I figured I just had a fat finger moment.. No, checked the software and had the correct addresses and device ids for all there nodes... Looked thru all the help files in Proficy and searched here and all of the internet to no avail. from what i understand is the this is possible to have multiple devices under the AB DH+ driver it even says it at one point in the Proficy help files.

So has anyone used one of these to access multiple nodes on a DH+ network or am I out of luck!!!
I bought this specifically for this option. As of right now i have to send lots of MSG from the PLC5 and SLC to get my data on the first Quickpanel. I was hoping that the new one would let me look at each plc rather than having to map to the PLC that talks to the QP jr

Thanks In advance,
Matt

I got somewhere!!

Thank you So much Russ.. I really appreciate your insight on these things. I did search the GEIP site, but did not think to look in the Quickdesigner manuals. I found this of interest from the gfk1856 PDF

To read information from node address 1, the variable would be N7:100. Remember that the
Destination ID is the default node address. To read information from node address 3, the variable
would be N7:100_3.

So I tried Quickdesigner Wala made three Numeric Data Entry's with the N7:XX_N node numbers 1 3 4 and it worked like a charm.
So i figured that I had missed something in Proficy. I made a new target and uploaded. Made three more Numeric Data Entry's with different tags copying the format that the up load had. Downloaded and back to same problem. So I did another upload of the quick project that worked ( AND did nothing at all to it) downloaded from Proficy and same problem...

so thanks Yet again
Matt

Just for future refrence

To Russ and others wondering if GE Proficy ME will not support the [ driver for any older QuickPannel with a QPI-ABD-201 Module in any version of PME I got this from tech support and as well from a representative from Proface as well ]

{ or support any type of AB multiple node capability on any driver that i have tested in any version of PME }

I have to go back to the stone ages of Quickdesigner o well.

Just thought this would be usefully to any one that has the same problem that I had.

and one side Question if any one reads this!!!
Is scripting available in Quickdesigner V 3.70 build 1085

And Again
Thank you, Russ for your help..!!

Is scripting available in Quickdesigner V 3.70 build 1085
It is but very limited in commands and capability, plus its is only supported on the latest (generation 4?) hardware.

Thanks Russ that would all I need some simple ..

functions for math. How or where in the software do you access it? I looked through as many manuals as I could. I don't see it anywhere.. If you could point me in the right direction it would be wonderful..
Thanks Again
Matt