InputC to a NOTC to AND1

so if the inputs are true they get changed to false
if the inputs are false they get changed to true
then in the AND1 block are checked to see if all are
either false or true.
This is where I am confused

If all three inputs are true is AND false
If all three inputs are false is AND false
If any of the inputs are true and some are false is AND false or true.

appreciate some help
Thanks

Can you draw this out? I attached a drawing as I understood it, since you used "AND1" in all three lines, it's the same AND gate?

Do you know the truth tables for the AND function and the NOT function? That's a pretty good place to start.

TEST.JPG

This sounds like homework, but anyway...

You should draw yourself a truth table for this (even though its a very simple logic circuit). Here's my truth table attached. (a ' indicates a NOT):

A, B, C columns are your input columns.
A', B', C' are your NOT'ed inputs.
AND(A',B',C') is the final result column.

Remember that for the result of an AND to be true, all the inputs must be true. As you can see from the table, this is only the case for the first row where all original inputs are false (hence all the AND gate inputs are true). All other rows have at least one zero in the NOT'ed columns, so the and will be false.

You should be able to answer your questions now.

truth table.jpg

Last edited: