PNP Photoeye input

showshocka

Good morning all. Does anybody know of a good photoeye, w/PNP output for a sinking input to the PLC to use for detecting clear packing tape at a distance of 12 inches or less?

If my memory serves me correctly, detection of clear plastic objects from afar best achieved by means of a polarized-beam retroflective photoeye shooting through the plastic at a reflective target.

I would suggest looking at Sick product line, among others.

Might want to investigate ultrasonic. Sound waves don't care if the object is transparent.

For photoelectric, I have used diffuse sensors with a wide beam pattern (I think Banner calls them 'divergent') to reliably detect clear plastic film.

I usually just ask my sensor rep. to stop in with his sample kit, and try different models.

🍻

-Eric