RSLogix HSC- set activity bit to true.

vin7102

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey all,

New guy needs help here, This should be easy but I'm over thinking it. I am using the built in High Speed Counter with a ML1500. Any ideas how to set an output bit to true only when the counter is actually counting pulses and turn off bit when no pulses present? Setting an output to I:0.0 gives erratic behavior due to scan speed, I just want to stay on unless no pulses are present.

Thanks

Let's fill out your phrase

unless no pulses are present ... FOR HOW LONG?

If you know roughly how much time elapses between pulses normally then you can set a timer to time out if some amount more than that time has elapsed with no pulse.

The time question above is yours to answer.

Another consideration is - can the system be in a state where the input is continously on? Do you consider this 'not pulsing'?

In which case yu want the signal to go OFF when the input ceases to change for a certain amount of time.

Last edited:
WOW, That was fast, I see where you are going with this... how simple. A second should do just fine.

Thank you sir,

Vince

Another approach is to look at the accumulated count itself. On one rung if the current count is equal to the previous count then enable your 1 second timer. On the next rung copy the current count to the previous count. If the count remains the same (not counting) for the time in your timer then the DN bit will be turned on.

Bernie,

I was attempting your 2nd approach before I initially posted my question on the forum but I used your first idea and got it working great with two TON's, one with a XIO and one with XIC. BTW, You were spot on about landing on the "on" or "off" position (I found it on the first 5 on-off cycles). Thats why I used both open and closed examines and it works a charm. Thanks Again!