Reading Memory/Variables - MELSEC FX2N

Xei

I would like to learn more about PLC's, particularly the MELSEC FX2N.

My first question is, is there free software available for reading memory/variables from this device?

My goal is not to write programs for this device, but rather, I would like to retrieve values from it. I would then like to utilize those values using external software written in the AHK language.

I have read http://www.plcs.net/contents.shtml and learned a few things, but still have not yet learned how to read variables from these devices. What cable do I need, to connect this device to a PC? What software?

If there is software already existing which can detect when a memory value is changed, what value was changed, and what it was changed to, and then export this information to a CSV file, this would be all I need.

Last edited: