Compact Logix L23E DF1 connection

maiko

Hi all
I have a question. Its possible connect ControlLX via 1761-NET-DNI to CompactLX L23E DF1. On CompactLX i have 2 additional modules I/O modules and its impossible add another module like DNET scanner.
Thanks for advice.

Does the ControlLogix have a 1756-DNB DeviceNet scanner already running a DeviceNet network ?

Any A-B controller with a DF1 port will work with the 1761-NET-DNI, including CompactLogix 1756-L23.

In general, though, controller-to-controller communications is done with Ethernet. Ethernet messaging or Produced/Consumed Tags would be faster and easier to configure than using the 1761-NET-DNI.

Hello Ken
Yes, 1756-DNB is on DNET but
I cant use ethernet because my company dont allow this option.
The only thing what can i do is use 1761 DNI interface for this communication.
At this moment I have set parameters in 1761 DNI in DeviceNet. but I dont know how I should set the parameters for the Compact Logix DF1.
i´ve never done that before.
Can U give me any advice...or other solution to controller-to-controller communications.
Thanks

First, get the User Manual for the 1761-NET-DNI and read it. It's not very useful for me to post the basic steps that are already in the manual.

If you want direct assistance, ZIP and post the *.DNT file for the RSNetworx configuration, and the *.ACD file for the CompactLogix.

Hi Ken
Thank you for your offer of direct assistance, but currently it's not necessarily because my company now considering changes to the plan of my proposal which contains a different type of controller (L32), and also will include DeviceNet scanner.
And I apologize for the delayed write-off but I was on easter vacation
:D